The 300P trencher's tyre carrier was custom-manufactured to meet the specific needs that arise with trenching. The mechanically welded chassis with box-section side rails provides high resistance to the vibration and stress imposed by the trench-digging tool. The large diameter tyres allow the machine to travel over all types of terrain.
The ergonomic and pressurized cab offers a panoramic view of the tool and the road, the reel carrier or conveyors and the excavated soil/rock loading vehicle.
The carrier is equipped with a tool slide interface which allows various tools to be mounted, according to the needs and characteristics of each project.
The 300P can be delivered with the following tools:
- Rock saw
- Alligator chain
- Vibrating ploughshare
Tools are selected according to the work sites.
The rock saw and Alligator chain models vary in width, according to requirements. The rock saw is made of dual-drive super-strong web for unequalled lifespan and robustness. When trench widths vary from project to project, only the wheel assemblies must be changed. Similarly, for the Alligator chain, only the chain units need to be changed to alter the trench opening width.
- Pressurized, dust-proof cab.
- Several adaptable tools, rock saw, chain or vibrating ploughshare on the same carrier, maybe interchanged in just 1 hour; thus, the same vehicle can be used for different projects and different work site contexts.
- Large oil tank to withstand extreme working temperatures.
- Manual offset corrector allows the drivers to adjust the tilt of the tool and thus the trench, according to the terrain.
- Benefits from all of UNAC's experience, enabling it to penetrate even the hardest and most abrasive rocks.
- Tool can be laterally offset on each end and beyond the vehicle with the double-offset option.
- Even very large diameter (4.30m) cable reels can be used. (See photo in the photo gallery.)
- Vehicle with tyres allowing it to travel on road, thus preventing the need to use heavy equipment transporters.
- Hydrostatic drive carrier that ensures consistent and precise movements.
- Powerful 300 hp machine with constant control of the carrier's feed force and tool's drive force.
- Latest generation Caterpillar engine, reliable, economical with fuel, and low-polluting.
- Ultra-robust machine that can withstand extreme operating conditions and requires very little maintenance.
- Large number of options available to meet the specificities of each project.