The X3-t comes with a highway trailer for road trips directly between the workshop and worksite. The system can be unloaded nearby and then moved to the track in all-terrain mode. The vehicle can be quickly set on the tracks thanks to the wheels’ centre-to-centre distance that has been designed to stop once it is on the track with its wheels lined up on the rails and directly lowered on. It can move at a speed of up to 28 km/h on tracks.
The X3-t’s spacious and full-view cab includes a joystick control system, heating, as well as foldaway seats for moving in both directions.
- It comes with its own trailer for easy road transportation (set smaller than 3,5 T),
- It uses a very secure and ergonomic system, which satisfies the most demanding railway standards (adjacent track open to traffic, etc.),
- Its cab offers a panoramic view with a transparent roof in order to provide a full view of worksites,
- It can be equipped with measuring systems to inspect the overhead catenary system setup, sleepers, and other track components,
- The cab is easily accessible thanks the step that is lowered when the vehicle is on track,
- It optimises worksite logistics thanks to its ability to set on and off the track in only one minute, which allows it to get off tracks to let other heavy work machines go by without having to use a road rail crossing. It also allows operators to work as soon as a track’s traffic has been cut off up to the last authorized moment,
- It uses low pressure tyres, high torque driven, and it has large free space under the vehicle frame to enable it to easily get over any obstacles that may stand in its path to the rails,
- It has reinforced hydraulic motors that allow it to be used intensively for 12 hr. without interruption,
- It has an anti-infringing mechanism for the adjacent track for use during the process of setting onto the track,
- There are already over 30 X3 machines in service in Europe.